Interesting Things About The Number Eleven, Celestial Events, Calendars and Time Cycles
- The year 1111 is the sole year of the 2nd millennium, which is both palindromic, and contains but one digit repeated.
- The sun has a Sun Spot Cycle of 11 years. Sun spots are dark spots on the surface of the sun. Sunspot activity increases and decreases on on this 11-year cycle and the next cycle is expected to occur by late 2011 reaching it's peak in activity in 2012. Sunspots have intense magnetic fields which are associated with magnetic storms on earth. Radio reception on earth is also affected by the sun spot cycle. The Sun's magnetic poles will remain as they are now, with the north magnetic pole pointing through the Sun's southern hemisphere, until the year 2012 when they will reverse again. This transition happens at the peak of every 11-year sunspot cycle -- like clockwork.
The millennium's last total solar eclipse occurred on August 11, 1999. It was the most-viewed total solar eclipse in human history. The track of this eclipse began in the Atlantic a few hundred miles east of Boston, MA, swept northeast across the ocean reaching totality in Cornell England at11:11 a.m. It swept across Europe to the Black Sea, Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan and India, ending in the Bay of Bengal.
- On August 18, 1999 (One week after the total solar eclipse), a poweful and rare configuration known to astrologers as a "Grand Cross" is formed in the heavens. A Grand Cross alignment occurs when four planets, or sets of planets, line up opposite one other in fixed signs of the Zodiac (Aquarius, Leo, Taurus and Scorpio) forming a cross, with Earth at the intersecting point. Many believe that this event was references in the Biblical Book of Revelation as the Four Beasts of the Apocalypse. There was a weaker version of this configuration on January 11, 1910.
- Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, used by the Maya civilization among others, completes its thirteenth b'ak'tun cycle. The starting point of this calendar was August 11,3114 BC,( day 0.0.0.0.0) and the end-date of this calendar is December 21, 2012. (188.8.131.52.0.). The cycle will then turn over and start again. The Maya believed that a transition from the current Creation world into the next (the birth of a new age) would occur on this date. Many consider us to be approaching the times of Revelations or Apocolypse. This could be a time of Armageddon where the great battle between the forces good and evil will take place, or a catacalysmic event. Other more spiritual beliefs consider this to be a new age (or age of aquarius) where a great shift will occur. This is also known as as the "age of aquarius", the "Great Shift", the "Ascension".
- The2012 Winter Solstice will occur on December 21, at 11:11 Universal Time (UTC). On this unusual winter solstice in 2012., the sun will be aligned with the center of the Milky Way for the first time in about 26,000 years. This is a rare astronomical alignment. This means that "whatever energy typically streams to Earth from the center of the Milky Way will indeed be disrupted on 12/21/12 at 11:11 p.m. Universal Time. The ancient Maya recognized this as the Sacred Tree, an event that has been coming to resonance very slowly over thousands and thousands of years. This event is also recognized in Native American and Egyptian cultures to name a few. In Astrology, The 2012 winter solstice will mark the end of the age of Pisces and the beginning of the Age of Aquarius.
The Number 11 Synchronicity and September 11th Events
The number 11 in Mathematics & Computers
The Number 11 in Entertainment and Culture
The number 11 in Science & Technology
The number 11 in Religion & Spirituality
The number 11 in History & Politics
The Number Eleven