Here are some interesting things About The Number 11, some fun facts, and the mysterious Coincidences that are connected to it. Some would consider that the frequent appearance of the number eleven in events that are similar in nature is more than just a coincidence and is referred to as a Synchronicity. A Synchronicity can be considered a meaningful coincidence between two unrelated events. For example, many people from all around the world are experiencing synchronicities involving the 11:11 showing up in their lives in unusual and unexpected ways. It becomes meaningful to them and often leads them onto a path of insight and self-growth where many hidden things (both internal and external) begin to come to light to be revealed. 11 is also considered a Master Number in Numerology.
Explore for yourself what is so unusual about the appearance of the number 11 in everything from Cosmic Events and Time Cycles to Global Events such as the World Trade Center attack in New York City. The Number 11 also has Spiritual and Religious meaning and there are many Prophecies regarding this number and its Esoteric and Mystical nature.
The 1111 can manifest in the most unsual and unexpected of places and spaces. Numbers were discovered; not invented. Humanity has a very special and important relationship with numbers. There is often a message in the pattern of numbers for those who are aware of the meanings that are hidden beneath the surface. You'll also find some amazing Mathematical wonders and Numerological Synchronicities here as well, along with strange instances of the number 11 appearing in Science and Technology, Entertainment and Culture, and Political History.
What is the 11 trying to tell us?
One should draw their own conclusions as to the significance of these numbers and what they might mean within the context of these seemingly random historical and modern events. Often, we see what we want to see and when we are looking for something we tend to find it. But our beliefs and perceptions do play a significant role in the reality that we experience every day in our own lives, and numbers can guide us in mysterious ways allowing us to 'connect the dots' within the details in order to then zoom out and contemplate the larger picture.
- 11 is the first number which cannot be represented by a human counting with his or her eight fingers and two thumbs additively.
- 11 is the fourth number that stays the same when written upside down. The first three are 0, 1 and 8.
- If a number is divisible by 11, reversing its digits will result in another multiple of 11
- 111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321 (Forms a Pyramid)
- Pi can be expressed by an improper fraction; 22/7 (22 (2+2+7 = 11)
- 11 is a Prime number. A number is called prime if its only factors are one and itself.
- 11 factorial (1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 10 + 11) = 66.
- Because it has a reciprocal of unique period length among primes, 11 is the second unique prime. 11 goes into 99 exactly 9 times, so vulgar fractions with 11 in the denominator have two digit repeating sequences in their decimal expansions. Multiples of eleven by one-digit numbers all have matching double digits: 00 (=0), 11, 22, 33, 44
- 11 is the largest known multiplicative persistence. It is conjectured that the maximum number lacking the digit 1 with persistence 11 is 777777333322222222222222222222
- The mathematical relationships throughout the Great Pyramid of Giza are 11:11 ratios.
- The binary numeral system, or base-2 number system represents numeric values by using two symbols: 0 and 1. The binary system is used internally by almost all modern computers. The modern binary number system was studied by Gottfried Leibniz in 1679. Leibniz's system uses 0 and 1, like the modern binary numeral system. As a Sinophile, Leibniz was aware of the I Ching and noted with fascination how its hexagrams correspond to the binary numbers from 0 to 111111, and concluded that this mapping was evidence of major Chinese accomplishments in the sort of philosophical mathematics he admired.
For most practical purposes in modern society, we use the decimal number system which has ten unique digits, 0 through 9. All other numbers are then formed by combining these ten digits. Computers are based on the binary numbering system, which consists of just two unique numbers, 0 and 1. All operations that are possible in the decimal system (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) are equally possible in the binary system. We use the decimal system in everyday life because it seems more natural (we have ten fingers and ten toes). For the computer, the binary system is more natural because of its electrical nature (charged versus uncharged).
- In Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Konqueror for KDE, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer for Windows, the function key F11 key toggles full screen viewing mode. In Mac OS X, F11 hides all open windows.
- This is a fun little math trick that applied to the year 2011, but you can still try it now. Add the last two digits of the year that you were born to how old you turned 2011. For example; if you turned 32 years old in 2011, and you were born in 1979, you will add 79+32 = 111. It works no matter when your you were born and the result will always be 11!
- In the United Kingdom and Ireland, elevenses is a snack that is similar to afternoon tea, but eaten in the morning at around 11 am.
- Soccer, cricket, American football and field hockey are all played with teams of 11 players on the field. Also, the Jersey Number 11 has been retired by several North American sports teams in honor of past playing greats or other key figures.
- There is no '11' card in a deck of cards. (8, 9, 10, Jack, Queen). In the game of blackjack, an Ace can be counted as either one or eleven, whichever is more advantageous for the player.
- In the Netherlands the day before Lent begins is Carnival day which is referred to as Vastenavond or Fast Eve. Preparations begin the previous year on 11th day of the 11th month, when a council of 11 meet to organize the plans. Traditionally there the number 11 is the number for fools, and during Carnival people are allowed to be as foolish as they wish. At this time dances are popular, parades and masquerade balls. In each town someone is elected prince of the Carnival and he is handed the keys to the city.
- The record number of Oscar awards for any one movie is 11. Three films share the record: the 1952 epic Ben-Hur, Titanic (1997), and Lord of The Rings: The Return of The King (2003) each have each won 11 out of a possible 17 Oscars (nominated in 12 and 11 categories respectively). Laurence Olivier was nominated 11 times (10 for acting roles) during his career - a record only surpassed recently by Jack Nicholson with his 12th acting nomination in 2002.
- In Chemistry, the element of Sodium has the Atomic Number 11
- In Chemistry, Group 11 includes the three coinage metals copper, silver, and gold known from antiquity. It also includes the superheavy element roentgenium, which was discovered only recently.
- In physics, M-theory is a proposed "master theory" that unifies the five superstring theories. Eleven is the number of spacetime dimensions in M-theory.
Read more about M-Theory and the 11th Dimensions
- 137 (1+3+7=11) corresponds to the fine structure constant, representing one of the constants in physics when an electron emits light while changing from one state to another.
All events in existence (be it matter, the universe, life, a force, motion) demand a 1:1 relationship in order to occur, including each '1' in the 1:1 formula
- Apollo 7 was the first manned mission in the American Apollo space program, and the first manned US space flight after a cabin fire killed the crew of what was to have been the first manned mission, AS-204 (later renamed Apollo 1), during a launch pad test in 1967. It was a C type mission—an 11-day Earth-orbital mission. It's Launch date was October 11, 1968, 15:02:45 UTC and it's Landing took place at October 22, 1968, at 11:11:48. Apollo 11 was an American spaceflight in which the astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first ever to land on the Moon on July 20, 1969, at 20:18 UTC. While being interviewed for a documentary in 2005, Buzz Aldrin told an interviewer that they saw an U.F.O while on the Apollo 11 flight, but he later retracted the statement. Apollo 17 lands on the moon for NASA's last lunar mission on December 7,1972 Launched at 12:33 a.m. EST. This was the 11th manned mission and final mission of the Apollo space program.
- A rocket must travel at 11.2 kilometres per second to escape the Earth's gravititational field when orbiting into space.
- Jupiter takes 11 Earth years to make one trip around the sun33. Also, It would take 11 earths to fill the diameter of Jupiter
- The deepest point of the ocean floor is 11.03 km at the bottom of the Mariana Trench in the western Pacific Ocean.
- The Great Blue Norther of 11/11/11 (November 11th 1911) was the biggest cold snap in U.S. history. Many cities broke record highs early that afternoon. By nightfall, cities were dealing with single-digit temperatures on the Fahrenheit scale. This is the only day in many midwest cities' weather bureau jurisdictions where the record highs and lows were broken for the same day.
- In Biblical Scripture Jesus had Eleven Apostles. This is not counting Judas Iscariot who betrayed Christ. After Judas Iscariot was disgraced, the remaining apostles of Jesus were sometimes described as "the Eleven"; this occurred even after Matthias was added to bring the number to twelve
- Jesus Christ = 11 letters
- Jesus prayed in the "11th" hour
- The Bible is full of prophetic warnings to mankind and many of these messages are associated with the "11th" chapter or verse
- Revelation Chapter 11 of the Bible talks of the two witnesses who prophesy for those twelve hundred and sixty days.
- The Lord's Prayer is found in Luke 11:1 in the Bible
- In < class="indigoinside" href="numerology.html">Numerology 11 is a Master (or Power) Number, as are all double digit numbers, such as 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88, and 99. The 11 represents rare and exceptional energy originating from outside mundane reality. It also represents impractical idealism, being visionary, intuition, revelation, and artistic and inventive genius. In Astrology, the eleventh sign of the Zodiac is Aquarius associated with the 11th house. The astrological traits of Aquarius are attributed to humanitarianism, eceentricity, Intellectualism and Independence. Uranus is the ruling planet of Aquarius and brings with it a new way of looking at things and its approach is best met with an expanded consciousness. Uranus rules unexpected change, upheaval and revolution.
- 11:11 is said to be a pre-encoded trigger placed in our cellular memory banks prior to our descent/incarnation into matter. when activated, it will signify that our time of completion and ascension is near. A shift will occur. Our consciousness will raise in frequency along with our bodies. We will be ascending into the next dimension of time/space or space/time. It can be seen as the evolution of consciousness and the earth herself. One will know when this particular gateway to awareness and higher vibration is open for them because they will continually see the numbers 11:11 (or 1111) in there every day lives and it will be a continuous ocurrence. The activation of other gateways can be symbolized by other digits.
- 11:11 appeared in Crop Circle at Crawley Downs, Hampshire, United Kingdom, on July, 13 1990 and August 18th at 'furzehill' in the UK. next to a previous formation of a cross.
- The 11th hexagram in the I Ching book of change is a hexagram denotes a time in nature when heaven seems to be on earth.
- In a deck of Tarot, card number 11 is 'Justice'.
- Reiki has 11 traditional hand positions
- 'Hu is alocated the number 11 - a key number in the Islamic mystics of numbers.'
- The year 1111 is the sole year of the 2nd millennium, which is both palindromic, and contains but one digit repeated.
- The sun has a Sun Spot Cycle of 11 years. Sun spots are dark spots on the surface of the sun. Sunspot activity increases and decreases on on this 11-year cycle and the next cycle is expected to occur by late 2011 reaching it's peak in activity in 2012. Sunspots have intense magnetic fields which are associated with magnetic storms on earth. Radio reception on earth is also affected by the sun spot cycle. The Sun's magnetic poles will remain as they are now, with the north magnetic pole pointing through the Sun's southern hemisphere, until the year 2012 when they will reverse again. This transition happens at the peak of every 11-year sunspot cycle -- like clockwork.
- The millennium's last total solar eclipse occurred on August 11, 1999. It was the most-viewed total solar eclipse in human history. The track of this eclipse began in the Atlantic a few hundred miles east of Boston, MA, swept northeast across the ocean reaching totality in Cornell England at11:11 a.m. It swept across Europe to the Black Sea, Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan and India, ending in the Bay of Bengal.
- On August 18, 1999 (One week after the total solar eclipse), a poweful and rare configuration known to astrologers as a "Grand Cross" is formed in the heavens. A Grand Cross alignment occurs when four planets, or sets of planets, line up opposite one other in fixed signs of the Zodiac (Aquarius, Leo, Taurus and Scorpio) forming a cross, with Earth at the intersecting point. Many believe that this event was references in the Biblical Book of Revelation as the Four Beasts of the Apocalypse. There was a weaker version of this configuration on January 11, 1910.
- Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, used by the Maya civilization among others, completes its thirteenth b'ak'tun cycle. The starting point of this calendar was August 11,3114 BC,( day 0.0.0.0.0) and the end-date of this calendar is December 21, 2012. (220.127.116.11.0.). The cycle will then turn over and start again. The Maya believed that a transition from the current Creation world into the next (the birth of a new age) would occur on this date. Many consider us to be approaching the times of Revelations or Apocolypse. This could be a time of Armageddon where the great battle between the forces good and evil will take place, or a catacalysmic event. Other more spiritual beliefs consider this to be a new age (or age of aquarius) where a great shift will occur. This is also known as as the "age of aquarius", the "Great Shift", the "Ascension".
- The2012 Winter Solstice will occur on December 21, at 11:11 Universal Time (UTC). On this unusual winter solstice in 2012., the sun will be aligned with the center of the Milky Way for the first time in about 26,000 years. This is a rare astronomical alignment. This means that "whatever energy typically streams to Earth from the center of the Milky Way will indeed be disrupted on 12/21/12 at 11:11 p.m. Universal Time. The ancient Maya recognized this as the Sacred Tree, an event that has been coming to resonance very slowly over thousands and thousands of years. This event is also recognized in Native American and Egyptian cultures to name a few. In Astrology, The 2012 winter solstice will mark the end of the age of Pisces and the beginning of the Age of Aquarius.
- Major hostilities of World War I were formally ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918 with the German signing of the Armistice. (11/11/1918). The anniversary of this day is still celebrated as Veterans Day on November 11th in the United States and as Armistice Day or Remembrance Day in other parts of the world
- Egyptian leader Hosni Mubarak stepped down on Feb.11th, 2011. (2/11/11)
- Israel was accepted as member of the United Nations on May 11, 1949.
- On March 11th 2011, there was a major earthquake and tsunami in Japan off the Pacific coast of Tōhoku. This occurred on the 11th both in Japan time and US time. It was the most powerful known earthquake ever to have hit Japan, and one of the five most powerful earthquakes in the world since modern record-keeping began in 1900. Is is also known as the 'Great East Japan Earthquake' and the 3.11 Earthquake. Shinmoedake, a volcano in Kyushu, erupted two days after the earthquake. The volcano had previously erupted in January 2011; it is not known if the later eruption was linked to the earthquake.
Four days later on April 11, another strong magnitude 6.6 Mw aftershock struck Fukushima, causing additional damage and killing a total of three people. Chile's section of Pacific coast is one of the furthest from Japan, at about 17,000 km (11,000 mi) away, but still was struck by tsunami waves 2 m (6.6 ft) high
- Hurricane Iniki was the most powerful hurricane to strike the U.S. state of Hawai'i in recorded history. Forming on September 5 during the strong El Niño of 1991–1994, Iniki was one of eleven Central Pacific tropical cyclones during the 1992 season. It attained tropical storm status on September 8 and further intensified into a hurricane the next day. After turning to the north, Iniki struck the island of Kaua'i on September 11 1992 at peak intensity; it had winds of 145 mph (235 km/h), and was a Category 4 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale.
- Ground is broken in the first day of construction for the United States Pentagon building on September 11, 1941 The Pentagon includes a five-acre (20,000 m2) central plaza, which is shaped like a pentagon and informally known as "Ground Zero", a nickname originating during the Cold War.
On September 11, 2001, exactly 60 years after the building's groundbreaking, hijacked American Airlines Flight 77—a Boeing 757-223—was crashed into the western side of the Pentagon. The Coordinates of the Pentagon building is 38°52′15.56″N 77°3′21.46″W.
In addition to the Hoover Airport site and other government-owned land, construction of the Pentagon required an additional 287 acres (1.16 km2), which were acquired at a cost of $2.2 million.The Hell's Bottom neighborhood, a slum with numerous pawnshops, factories, approximately 150 homes, and other buildings around Columbia Pike, was also cleared to make way for the Pentagon. Later 300 acres (1.2 km2) of land were transferred to Arlington National Cemetery and to Fort Myer, leaving 280 acres (1.1 km2) for the Pentagon. Contracts totaling $31,100,000 were finalized on September 11 1941, and ground was broken for the Pentagon the same day, The World Trade Center site, also became known as "Ground Zero" after the September 11 attacks in NYC. American Airlines Flight number11 was the first flight hijacked that day.
- On September 9, 1998, A Nova Scotia plane with flight number 111 crashed with no survivor. There were no Survivors. The plane was Model MD-11
- Aviation Thermobaric Bomb of Increased Power (ATBIP), nicknamed the "Father of All Bombs" (FOAB), is a Russian-made air-delivered/land-activated thermobaric weapon. The bomb is reportedly four times more powerful than the U.S. military's GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast bomb (whose official military acronym "MOAB" is often colloquially said as the "Mother of All Bombs"). The FAOB is the most powerful conventional (non-nuclear) weapon in the world. In comparison, the MOAB produces the equivalent of 11 tons of TNT from 8 tons of high explosive. The bomb was successfully field-tested in the late evening of September 11, 2007.
The Number 11 in Computers and Mathematics
Eleven is also the smallest positive integer requiring three syllables in the English language (El-Ev-En).
The Number 11 in Entertainment and Culture
The Ellen DeGeneres Show was first launched in September 2003 and was nominated for 11 Daytime Emmy Awards in its first season. On May 26, 2010, Ellen announced on her show that she was starting her own record label entitled "eleveneleven". Ellen explained her choice of name, claiming that she often sees the number 11:11 when looking at her clocks; and also the fact that she first saw Greyson Chance's (later signed to the label) Paparazzi cover on May 11, 2010 . Also, she states that 11 is Greyson's soccer jersey number. In November 2011 (11/11), Secretary of State Hillary Clinton named her a Special Envoy for Global AIDS Awareness.
The Number 11 in Science and Technology
The Number 11 in Religion and Spirituality
Synchronicities involving the Number Eleven, Celestial Events, Calendars and Time Cycles
The Number 11 in History and Politics
The Number 11 Synchronicity and September 11th Events
What Do These 'Coincidences' With The Number 11 Mean?